Fizik Gravita Tensor Team Edition - Black/ White
- Price in reward points: 285
When setting out to develop a race-ready gravity MTB shoe, the feedback we received from top professional athletes was pretty clear: both downhill and enduro racers alike desire a protective and durable shoe to enhance bike control through the pedals.
OUTSOLE AND RIDING CONTROL
Let’s start with the outsole. Together with your hands on the handlebar, feet are a crucial point of contact when it comes to bike control. The Gravita outsole provides the type of shoe-to-pedal interface you need for fast and aggressive gravity riding, combining the stickiest Vibram® Megagrip rubber compound with a specific zonal lug pattern. A low-profile tapered tread pattern positioned at the mid-foot allows for an immediate connection and optimal mechanical interface with the pedal pins, while under the heel and toes, a deeper, sharper tread provides better ground traction when hiking back up the hill.
PERFORMANCE-ORIENTED PRECISION FIT
Both downhill and enduro racing stand out for their short, intense and powerful pedal strokes, whether sprinting out of the start gate or approaching the finish line. Providing proper foot tension and fit is essential to effectively transfer every useful watt of power generated. To avoid wasting watts, we leveraged our decades of design experience and knowledge in creating properly fitting cycling shoes. For the Tensor, we developed an ergonomic lace-up pattern that cradles the foot and spreads tension evenly throughout the pedal stroke. A Powerstrap over the instep secures the fit, stabilizing the plantar arch and locking the heel in place while also keeping laces in check.
DURABLE AND PROTECTIVE
Intentional engineering went into stripping weight and eliminating the excess material that would otherwise lead to the bulky look and sloppy fit of typical gravity shoes. To avoid this, the Tensor features a slim silhouette and minimal weight provided through the use of innovative rip-stop outer fabrics and an inner lining that is far less absorbent than traditional alternatives.
Don't see the size you want? Leave an enquiry here.
- Ripstop fabric + TPU reinforcements upper
- Laces + instep velcro closure
- X6 outsole – EVA midsole, Vibram Megagrip tread
- Outsole stiffness index 2
- Weight: 310 g (size 42- 1/2 pair)
- Sizes: 36-48 (37 to 47 also in half sizes)
- Gravita: gravity series, designed to take you down the mountain, fast and in control
- Intended use: Downhill, Enduro
- To clean your Fi'zi:k shoes, wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Do not use solvents, paint thinner or harsh chemicals.
- After riding in wet conditions, stuff the shoes with newspaper to absorb moisture.
- Store in shoe bag out of direct sunlight. Cool and dry storage is best to prolong the life of your shoes.
- Regularly clean the buckle mechanism of debris and lubricate it with silicone type lubricant.
- Regularly tighten all cleat fasteners to torque specifications specified by your pedal or cleat manufacturer.
- Do not place shoes near heaters, ovens or fires to dry. Excessive heat may damage the materials and adhesives.